The kitchen is the heart of the home during the holidays. So, keeping fire safety at the top of your mind during this time is important. As you’re organizing that family feast, remember, by following a few simple safety tips you can enjoy time with your loved ones and keep yourself and your family safer from fire.
• Stay in the kitchen when you are cooking on the stovetop
• Stay in the home when cooking your turkey and check on it frequently.
• Keep children away from the stove
• Be sure electric cords are not dangling off the counter within easy reach of a child.
• Keep matches and utility lighters in a high cabinet.
• Be careful and watchful of a lit candle.
• Do not keep flammable objects near the stove top or oven.
• Make sure your smoke alarms are working